Center Island Tour
The Center Island Tour by minibus is a private tour specially made up for visitors to Madeira from cruise ships. This is an ideal half day tour, where we get to visit some of the highlites of Madeira. Our first stop is the famous fishing village of Câmara de Lobos, where Winston Churchill spend his time painting.We then make our way up to the highest sea cliff in europe, Cabo Girão, where we get a chance to see some breathtaking views over Funchal and the Atlantic. We then make our way to Nuns Valleywhere you get to see where the mouth of the extinct volcano was and some fantastic views of the village down inside the valley. From here we make our way up to the Monte and whoever wants to do the famous toboggan ride, will be picked up at the bottom and taken back to Funchal or the cruise ship.
The Center Island Tour by jeep, is very similar but 50% of the excursion is done offroad, where you get to see parts of Madeira that not even the locals have seen before. With this tour we end up at a view site over Ribeira Brava. Lots of photo taking oppurtunities all along this tour as we make our way through all the steep back roads, visiting vineyards, farms, forests and the greenest valleys on the planet.
- The minibus tour is only available as a Private tour.
- The jeep tour is available as a shared tour on selected days.
- Duration of this tour is about 4hrs
- We collect from all hotels in Funchal and Canico
- Starts between 9.00 and 9.30 and you should be back before 13h30
- The excursion is offered with an English, German, French or Spanish qualified guide
- The tour route can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, mainly due to weather