Why not enjoy every second of your tour, especially the drive? With our Funchal fun tours you can do just that driving around in a selection of antique vehicles. The idea is to literally have a lot of fun from start to finish. So not only will you be doing a unique tour you will also be doing it in style by selecting any one of the following vehicles:
- Dodge Brothers 1933 – max 19 people
- Mercedes 1959 – max 16 people
- Morris Cowley 1930 – max 4 people
- Chevrolet Pheaton 1931 – max 4 people
- Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1959 – max 4 people
Funchal Eastern Delights Tour
This Funchal fun tours includes a stop on one of Funchal’s most scenic views. Miradouro das Neves is a viewpoint along the eastern side of Funchal’s shoreline. This is one of the best viewpoints to see the end of the years fireworks in Funchal. The next highlight is a must for anyone visiting Madeira. This is in Garajau where you find the the statue of Cristo Rei similar to the one you find in Rio de Janeiro and Lisbon.
Back in Funchal a fun tour is only complete with a drive through the old town with its pebbled, narrow roads. Our final stop is a visit to one of Madeira’ s best wine companies, D’Oliveiras where we stop for some rare wine tasting.
Funchal Gardens and Sightseeing Tour
One of the best viewpoints over Funchal is definitely Pico dos Barcelos. This will be the first stop of this Funchal fun tour. From here a quick stop at the São Martinho Church before we make our way down to the start of the Lido and marina drive. At he start of the drive you will see a statue that is of a fallen angel which is dedicated to the workers of the island. The pleasant drive continues past the Lido and its hotel area until we reach the Presidential Palace Gardens.
For all garden lovers, you will really enjoy a walk through this beautifully maintained garden that has fantastic views over the harbour and Marina. Our drive will then continue along the marina all the way into the old town. Our final stop will be at the Municipal gardens which is located in the center of the city. Two of the best places for coffee, with big esplanades can be found right in front of the park.
Cristiano Ronaldo Tour
This Funchal fun tour is a mixture of the old with the new. We start by visiting Pico dos Barcelos and majestic views over Funchal before we drive over to Andorinha Football Club. Here you will get to see where Cristiano Ronaldo started playing football. From here we will make our way to Santo Antonio to visit the modest village of where he grew up behind the famous church.
The tour continues down to the famous fishing village of Camara de Lobos. From here we will also get to see the highest sea cliff in Europe, Cabo Girão. Finally we will make our way to the new Cristiano Ronaldo museum where you can marvel at the accomplishments of the islands favorite son.
- For your own safety we may change, cancel or postpone a trip due to adverse weather conditions or any other reason that may stop us from doing the tour safely.
- The prices quoted in the price page is per vehicle with a guide/driver and not per person.
- The above tours are popular half day tours but we can customise any private tour.
- Please note that we cannot exceed the maximum number of people.
- Funchal fun tours are really popular and we only have one of each vehicle, so please book well in advance to avoid disappointment.