This should also be called the fun level. This course is meant for everyone, young and old. No experience is necessary for Madeira canyoning, just a sense of fun and adventure. The course is short in duration, in total 4 hours with traveling, with very accessible rapids.
The Canyoning we will do can be located within the south coast at an altitude of 1170 meters. On this river we will cover a distance of 950m and descend about 215m. Throughout its descent, we have: 4 rappels, three jumps (optional) and a toboggan slide. The highest rappel is 18meters.
This level requires a bit of experience, to be in good physical condition and have done the beginners level at least one time. For this course you will be required to do an uphill walk for about an hour till we reach the start of the course. The course itself is about 3 to 4 hours long and about 6 hours with travel.
This canyon is situated on the north coast at an altitude of 800 meters. On this river we will cover a distance of 1200m and descend about 280m. Throughout its descent, we have: 12 rappels, various jumps and slides. The highest rappel is 30 meters. This is Madeira canyoning at its best.
This level requires that you are in good physical condition and already have canyoning experience, being able to climb and descent using all canyoning and climbing tools. For this course you will be required to do an hours uphill climb carrying your own back pack with all your equipment until we reach the start of the course. The course itself is about 4 to 5 hours long and about 8 hours with travel.
This canyon is also situated on the north coast at an altitude of 800 meters. On this river we will cover a distance of 900m and descend about 300m. Throughout its descent, we have: 19 rappels, various jumps and slides. The highest rappel is 50 meters.
- For your own safety we may change, cancel or postpone a trip due to adverse weather conditions.
- There is a minimum of 4 people required to do a tour. We will contact you at least one day before if we cannot do the trip due to insufficient numbers.
- Bring with: A swimming costume, towel and an extra pair of training shoes that will get wet.
- Price includes: Transportation, certified guides, a small bottle of water and a kit kat, all equipment and insurance.
- Minimum age for beginners is 12 and must be over 1.5 meters tall.