The East Tout + Nuns Valley View starts with a pick up from all hotels in Funchal and Canico. We make our way towards the Nuns Valley until we reach the famous viewpoint from Eira do Serrado. This bewildering view is the most famous view that exists on the island and is not to be missed.
We then make our way on the new road towards Pico do Areiro which is the second highest peak on the island. The views up there are really dramatic and you may get the chance to view a sea of clouds below. From here we visit the trout farm in Ribeiro Frio which is found deep in the Laurissilva forest. We then make our way to Santana with its typical A framed thatched houses.
For lunch we stop at a restaurant called the “Grutas of Faial“, which means the caves of Faial. This restaurant is build within a rock which makes it look like its inside a cave. A lot of our clients have said that this was the highlight of the tour. After lunch we make our way to Porto da Cruz and then to Caniçal until Ponta de São Lourenço. On this last stop is one of the best views you can get on the island. You can see the north side, south side, Porto Santo and the Dessertas Islands all from this point. We then make our way back to Funchal driving through the town of Machico.
- Duration of this tour is about 8hrs
- We collect from all hotels in Funchal and Canico
- Starts between 8.00 and 9.00 and you should be back before 17h00
- The excursion is offered with an English, German, French or Spanish qualified guide
- The tour route can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, mainly due to weather