The Southeast Tour starts off from the reception area of your hotel at about 9h00. We make our way to east of the island from Funchal. The first stop is at the cliffs of Garajau where we stop to see the statue of Christ, just like the one they have at Rio de Janeiro. Some fantastic views from up there.
We then make our way to the village of Santa Cruz, followed by a visit to Machico the very first village in Madeira. We then make our way to the most eastern penninsular, Baia de Abra where we will stop at two different viewpoints, where the views are absolutely magical. From up here you can see the north and the south part of the island as well as Porto Santo, the smaller island behind Madeira. We then make our way up to the forests of Santo de Serra where we visit the Sunday market. At the end of the southeast tour we make our way back down to Funchal via Gaula.
- Duration of this tour is about 3 hrs
- We collect from all hotels in Funchal and Canico
- Starts around 9.30 and you should be back before 13h00
- The excursion is offered with an English, German, French or Spanish qualified guide
- The tour route can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, mainly due to weather