There is so many things to do in Madeira, whether by land or sea. A lot of people get worried that they will eventually get bored but nothing could be further from the truth. The island is too big to be seen all in one day. We recommend a minimum stay of one week. For your enjoyment we recommend the following things to do in Madeira:
Cable Car Ride
- Go on a cable car ride up to the Monte to see the Tropical gardens and then down to see the Botanical Gardens.
- Once you up at the Monte you can take the famous toboggan ride down. They say you have not been to Madeira, unless you do the toboggan ride.
- Try out our typical evening, with a traditional meal and wine, accompanied by folklore dancing and Fado singing.
- There are a variety of island tours that one can do, either by minibus or jeep, both for a full day or half day.
- Try out one of our famous levada or mountain walks and see the island at the same time.
- Have you ever wanted to try out Deap sea monster fishing? Madeira fishing offers you a good chance of being able to catch your monster fish.
Swim with Dolphins
- Try the thrill of swimming among wild dolphins.Available twice a day, right throughout the year.
- Go on a boat trip on one of the numerous boats available to observe the whales and dolphins, you find in our waters right through the year.
Diving in Madeira
- Diving in Madeira is available through most part of the year, due to the warm gulf stream that surrounds the island.
Canyoning in Madeira
- Go Canyoning down a levada waterfall in any one of Madeiras greenest valleys.